Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Scary Time For Me

So, it's been like two weeks since I've even signed on to Blog. I have alot of catching up to do, but just don't think I am going to get around to it in the next week or two. I'M EXHAUSTED!!!

So, where have I been you ask...

About two weeks ago, my husband (estranged, but he's still mine) started complaining about a pain behind his knee. I kept telling him it was probably a pulled muscle, get over it. Well, after a week of pain, the pain spreading and increasing, he decided to go to the doctor. They immediately sent him straight to the hospital, DON'T PASS GO, DON'T COLLECT $200 DOLLARS. He had an ultrasound and was admitted into the hospital an hour away from me immediately. He had (has) a blood clot in his leg. The pain was coming from no circulation in his leg. He broke his foot about two months ago and the doctors think the trauma from that caused the clot. He was put on bed rest for eight days. Now, my question, what sense does that really make? I mean, I know why they do it, but laying in the bed - not moving around - causes clots so they put someone who has one on bed rest??? This one baffles me.

So, the day before he went into the hospital I had just gotten back from visiting my brother, sister-in-law and nephew in Raleigh (2 hours away). Tired from traveling, I had to turn around and drive an hour away to make sure G. was alright. I had to drive back that night to work the next day. Then back that night. I stayed at the hospital for a solid week, sleeping in a chair. Why don't they be more accomidating to family? Oh well, I'm not a complainer but a week of sleeping in a chair was torture. I did climb in bed with G. when I could, but that wasn't often. It's not like they let you sleep in the hospital anyways, taking vitals, blood and everything else all through the night.

Well a week later, it was time for me to make my way home. My daughter missed me and had lots of questions as she didn't know where her daddy was or why I had been gone. Back to the single mom life, taking care of Bella, working and catching up on school work. It is kicking my butt.

G. got out of the hospital yesterday (11 days in) but it will be a slow process to try to get the blood clot to absorb back into the bloodstream.

As of today, G. is 12 days sober!! He got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon and went to an AA meeting last night and another one tonight. He plans on hitting one each night! That is a good thing! And I actually enjoy being around him and talking to him now! He doesn't have the alcohol distorting his thought process. I am hopeful for him but CAN'T get my hopes up.

Needless to say I am exhausted but... I am pushing through, doing the best I can. I can't help but to feel I am being stretched thin though. G. is getting Bella this weekend and next so hopefully I will get my school work under way and catch up on sleep.

So, there you have it, that's what's been keeping me away from "my time"...

Thanks to all that have shown concern. It is comforting to know there are people out there thinking about me!



Melodie said...

I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you. And I hope G can stay sober, but you are right to not get your hopes up. Right now, he's only sober because he wasn't able to drink while he was hospitalized. Hopefully, now that he's detoxed, he'll stay strong and not start drinking again. Good luck to you all.

Meaghan said...

Wow your princess is adorable!


Anonymous said...

It's so the blood clot doesn't travel. I had a pulmonary embolism in my lung when I was 17. They said it started in my leg, traveled to my lung. I had to stay in bed (couldn't even walk 5 feet to the bathroom) because it would have traveled to my brain and given me a stroke. You have to stay still until the blood thinners do their magic.

I love the name Bella by the way. :)

Wolf said...

i too hope things are getting back to normal for you.

i'm crossing my fingers for G. it is hard to stay sober, but it can be done once he chooses that it is the right path. i hope it is this time...