Wednesday, November 5, 2008
"C" over at The Scattered Mind of a Tattooed Minivan Mom gave me this Kreativ Blogger Award. She's just great! She keeps me laughing every which way I turn. Go check her out and leave her lots and lots of comments and love! She is real and I've grown to love her ways! Like I said go check her out for yourself. If you don't believe me, just check out her thoughts on a Mister Linky vibrator. You know you can't resist checking her out now! Thank you "C" for being you and choosing me!
Now I have to list 6 things that make me happy and give this award out to 6 other bloggers. Since I'm in a very pissy mood tonight ~ Let's see what I can come up with...
Monday, October 27, 2008
So, I took some time today (after lots of procrastination) and did a little Halloween thinking. My daughter wanted to be Hannah Montana for Halloween, then decided she wanted to be Glinda (the good witch from The Wizard of Oz).... You know what she is going to be? A cheerleader. ha ha... Is that bad? I had very little money so I had to make do. She had the cheerleader skirt and I went out and bought her a light blue t-shirt. I used iron-on letters to make it a University of NC (UNC) shirt. She had pom poms and I made some hair ribbons for her pig tails. Of course she'll be cute. I just hated that I couldn't do what "she" wanted to do. I spent a total of $9 on her costume.
I decided to go as Pink (the singer). I'm going to mohawk my hair and dye it pink. I'm wearing all black with a pink big belt, worn high. It should be fun.
So, that's it for my Halloween shopping. Pictures to follow this weekend. Wish me luck as I get totally stressed over stuff like this, doing it as a single parent just isn't as fun!!!!
**Note to self~blog about Nana's Box that I recieved for my mom. It is amazing!**
Friday, October 17, 2008
So you get to learn about 7 weird or random facts about me:
1. My daughter's name (Isabella Dare) has a quirky story to it. Isabella came from Queen Isabel of Spain (who funded Christopher Columbus' voyage to the New Land) and Dare came from (Virginia Dare who was the first child born on the New Land *this was also my grandmother's name). And I am so NOT the history buff!!!
2. I drive a PT Cruiser. The weird thing about this one is, I have always hated PT Cruisers, they just look weird. But the price was right and I needed a new car (I just bought it a few weeks ago).
3. I have played the piano since I was 5 years old. Not many people know this fact about me.
4. I left my husband of 7 years but still love him dearly! If you read my blog you probably know that by now!
5. I am a certified Paralegal, not practicing. Actually, I'm in school for Accounting now. I think I'll be a student for life!
6. My hair is my outlet! ha ha It used to be down to my butt and blonde. I cut it to about 4 inches long; then about 1 inch long and Platinum blonde. Last year is was real short and black with firey red streaks in it. Now it is back to my natural color and cut into a stylish stacked bob - trying to grow the front out a few inches more - keeping the back short and stacked. But I struggle not to cut it and dye it some kind of crazy color. I love funky hair!
7. I have 4 tatoos. (1) back of my neck, butterfly (2) under wrist, cross (3) ankle, ladybug *Tina Bug* (4) calf, wings around Bella's name *my favorite*
Ok, so I don't know how well I did, so let me know! I didn't know what to put down...
So, now it's time to pass the weirdness/randomness along. I am tagging:
1. Farm Girl
2. Mom of 3 Crazy Kids
3. XO, Miss L2
4. Life of a Southern Belle
6. Tropic of Mom
7. The Happy Homebody
Thursday, October 16, 2008
I was reading April's blog over at Straight From the Heart and loved this so decided to do one of my own.
A few weeks ago I went to Raleigh to visit family and friends. My daughter, sister-in-law, 3 month old nephew and I went to Hill Ridge Farms in Youngsville (20 minutes outside of Raleigh) and had a wonderful fall day!!!
~This is the view as you entered the Farm...
~I thought this guy just looked cool! He just stood in the little house observing everything.
~I would hate to make him mad!
~FALL COLORS!!!!! I love it!
~Another view of the Farm
~Who doesn't love a corn playground? We found corn in all kinds of places at bedtime that night!
~Baby Nash and Aunt NieNie
~Look closely! It's a huge slide!!! Everyone grab your burlap (sp?) sacks... and let's go!
~Train Rides and Hay Rides...
~And pumpkins for EVERYONE!!!
HAPPY FALL EVERYONE!